Basics For Grandpa’s Diatomaceous Earth for your Gardening
- Safe for vegetable and flower gardens
- Safe for adults, children, and pets
- Can be applied up to the day of harvest
- Fast and easy application
How to Use Grandpa’s Diatomaceous Earth for Gardening
- Mix Grandpa’s Diatomaceous Earth for your gardening directly into the soil in which growing your plants.
- At the rate of 5 to 10 lb. of DE to a 50-foot row, one foot wide by one foot deep.
- Or mix with garden soil at the rate of one cup of DE in a hole that is one foot wide by one foot deep.
- Or apply on top of the soil around the base of growing plants, by sprinkling DE at the rate of 1/4 to 1/2 cup.
Grandpa’s Diatomaceous Earth Can be applied to gardens in two different ways – wet or dry. Diatomaceous Earth can be mixed with water and sprayed directly onto plants at a ratio of at least 2 tsp of Grandpa’s Diatomaceous Earth® to one-gallon water. As always, since there are no negative side effects, there is no harm in adding more DE per gallon. 1 lb. Diatomaceous Earth covers 15’ x 15’ garden area (225 Square Feet.)
The dry application is as simple as applying directly to the areas in need of protection. Use a duster to dust the De over the desired area. 1 lb Diatomaceous Earth covers an 8’ x 8’ garden area (60-75 Square Feet)
***When treating pollinating flowers, treat around the plants only and not directly on the plant. Diatomaceous Earth can be harmful to some bees if they come in direct contact.
Fresh Water Food Grade Grandpa’s Diatomaceous Earth For Grain Storage:
Add 7-10 lb. of Grandpa’s Diatomaceous Earth to each ton of stored grain as it is conveyed into the storage. When added to the conveyor for grain storage. Grandpa’s Diatomaceous Earth®, also has an Anti-Caking effect that helps grains flow better on the conveyor to the grain storage area. Our Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth also organically controls bugs that are present and protects the grain storage from further insect invasions. Bugs cannot acquire immunity because they are killed by physical action, not chemical.
Grandpa’s Diatomaceous Earth is refined from a naturally occurring fresh water Diatomaceous Earth with a very high level of purity. Insect control by this material is of a physical nature, not chemical. The primary cause of insect death is from dehydration.